Thursday, March 8, 2012

13 Reasons Why I Love Being a Woman

It's our day, sisters. Happy International Women's Day!


I thought today might be a good day to start a new series--the "13" series. So, here goes. The top thirteen reasons why I love being a woman are: 

13. I'm hip, smart, suave, curvy, cool, funny, bitchy, and sexy
12. I'm my man's ego
11. I can yell, laugh, and cry in the same breath
10. The world is always curious about me
9. I love my skirts, dresses, and gowns, but I also love "wearing the pants"
8. (Switching gears...) Promoting and encouraging others is my passion
7. Earning my kids' love and trust is easy: I just have to be me! 
6. Patience, positive energy, and resilience oozes out of me like a fountain
5. I might give the appearance of being spicy and firm, but I'm sweet enough to unleash a SORRY
4. Indifference is not my strong suit; listening is.
3. I don't just talk the talk, I walk the walk, I eat the cake, I break the leg, and I also give the stink-eye
2. I believe I can win over anyone with a big, dazzling, pearly-white, flirty feminine smile

AND the number one reason why I love being a woman is 


1. I'm the original multi-tasker: I play daughter, wife, mom, sister, mentor, friend, professional, health n wellness expert, cook, host, instructor, counselor, chauffeur, janitor, driver, planner, decision-maker, housekeeper, caretaker, shopper, singer, writer, and at the end of the day, I still have time left over to play lover!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome, Hey women I salute thee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! First, thank you for stopping by my blog and your thoughtful comment. I guess the graphic is so popular because it represents women everywhere. Happy International Women's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the post. It is amazing the many hats we wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Sylvia. So honored!

      Delete
  4. A great post....no women no life....Nothing can replace a woman and a world without women is not possible....half way through with a book on women on similar lines, miserably failed to thank the great sacrifices made by mom, sisters, wife and daughters.... privileged few have free life .....millions of women yet to see the light and breath fresh air....Happy women day.
    Rolston

    ReplyDelete